Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Reliving my youth

One of the many awesome parts about being a mom is the endless opportunities to play! Not just sit and supervise or provide support and encouragement but to actually engage in real, let-it-all-hang-out play! I got to do this often in my job working with kids, but there I always had to keep in mind what we were accomplishing or the goal of the play or what the child was processing and how to facilitate that. With my own kiddos, it's just plain fun! Sabrina is to an age now where she is beginning to imagine and it able to play with some of my old favorites! We played play doh the other day for 3 hours!!!! I cannot tell you how great it was to have that salt doh under my nails again! Heaven!

This was our potatohead family...Sabrina named them all herself (from left to right) The real Sabrina (obviously!) potato Sabrina, Auntie Jay, Anabelle, Daddy and Mommy




After writing this post it got me thinking of other childhood faves I can track down for us to play with....anyone have any old faves that are fun to do with kiddos??

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Play-doh is fun...Nathan is just getting into it!
I'm looking forward to pumpkin carving and decorating Christmas cookies. I think I'll try both this year...maybe a bit prematurely?
Another good toy is Lite Brite! Do they even make that anymore?
Happy playing!

Unknown said...

Wow! 3 hours! I really need to take the opportunity to play with my girls more...thanks for the motivation!

Tripp said...

I wish that I had a little girl so that I could play with Strawberry Shortcake and smell her shortcakey goodness.

Hunderman's said...

we have started to get out the board games- CandyLand, Chutes and Ladders, Sorry- all the favorites are still out there!! The rules are still the same from when I played- only find the candy, only go up the ladders and Ashley doesn't get knocked off in Sorry!! Still so much fun to sit and play!

Anonymous said...

Linds.

I love how Auntie Jay is the BIG potato head!!!

Aunt Lisa