Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sew much fun!

As some of you may know, I have been wanting to make my own baby clothes for a while now. I have never sewed anything on my own before and really have never operated a machine, but having a little one now (and another on the way) I'm running accross so many ideas that I think I could make! Can't be too tough, right? So Brad blindly put his faith in my abilities and gave this new venture of mine the green light by getting me a sewing machine for Christmas. Until last Monday, it sat in the box because let's be honest, I was CLUELESS! So Monday night was my 1st sewing class at Field's Fabrics. It began with me looking like a dope for not even having thread for my machine (in my defense, they told me all I needed was the machine) and ended with me practicing all my new techniques! I learned how to do a zigzag stich around the edges, to sew on the bias for maximized stretch, to sew through denim, make button holes, and do a blind hem (which is really exciting for hemming dress pants!). I was very excited about all I learned and can't wait to try out my skills at home on some of my own projects!
My handiwork after my 1st sewing class!

3 comments:

Jayme said...

nice job lindsey! i wish i could sew....can't wait to see some of your very own creations!!

Anonymous said...

hey you. im so proud!:) i cant wait to see what you can to with that thing! you might have to teach me some day.

redjeepgirl06 said...

Sweet, now I know where to bring my pants when I tear the hem out! I bet you'll come up with awesome stuff for your house and your little cuties to model!