Thursday, September 11, 2008

Homemade Ice Cream

Recently, Brad resurrected some fond memories of making homemade ice cream as a kid with his dad and grandpa and this got him very excited to share this with his girls! He went out last Saturday while mommy was gone and got an ice cream maker and we got to work! Making it...

Waiting for it...

Enjoying it!

It was lots of fun and tased SOOO good! Now we may be addicted, but we have GOT to find a low fat recipe because OH MY! We tried vanilla for our first attempt, but are excited to try other flavors...any ideas??

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Mmmmm...I have wonderful childhood memories of homemade ice cream as well. Good idea guys! As for flavors, good old fashioned vanilla was always my fav!

Kari said...

I LOVE homemade ice cream!! I have to say it was always vanilla too, maybe you could whip up some cookies & cream using oreos... not sure how you would do it exactly but worth a try! Can't imagine oreos and vanilla would ever taste bad! Good luck and let us know!

Unknown said...

Ooh, I just made white russian ice cream, but it's a no no for kids because the booze doesn't cook off! I hear you on the fat though! When you use the low fat stuff though it's just not the same and gets icy! I have also made some great mint chocolate chip and cinnamon (great in the fall with apple crisp!)

Tripp said...

I love how excited she is in the second video clip.