Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Docter Docter!

The girls had their checkups this morning....yup I said check upS, 2 of them, together in one room with a total of 5 shots to look forward to! YIKES! Oh yeah, and for some reason I booked it for 8:40 AM! What was I thinking!!! Thank goodness Nana is a fan of being trapped in a small room for two hours with no toys and two anxious little girlies! heheh! On to the Stats:

Anabelle at 18 months: 33 1/2in (90%) and 23.3 lbs (25%). She also is being treated for a sinus infection after we discussed how she's been nonstop sick since November and he saw a bit of fluid in her ear and junk in her nasal cavity. SHe handled the prodding like a pro and the 3 shots she got didn't bug her too much!



Sabrina measured out at 38 1/4in tall (75%) and 33 1/4 (75%) for her 3 year check up. She handled all the questions and prodding well, but the shots were looming and when the time came she fell apart and the kicking and screaming began. It was heartwrenching! I was back to that time when they were infants and so innocent to it that it makes you cry as a mom to give shots....this time it was similar. Here was my baby begging me not to have these people hurt her, and I have to hold her down and let them do it! I felt like I betrayed her and the tears came! She has told me several times today "this is the worst day ever!"...oh the drama! :) But not all the shots are done until 4-5yrs old! Yeah!

1 comment:

Bill.Rachel.Ethan.Levi said...

Glad to hear it went well! thank goodness for grandma's!